Laws of Life - 200 Principles

Mindfulness practice, corporate mindfulness, modern trends, skepticism of rebirth and other religious doctrines, secular expressions and views of Dharma Paths
Nicholas

Laws of Life - 200 Principles

Post by Nicholas » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Hard to find a section of Dharma Paths for this wonderful, interfaith, non-sectarian collection of sagely advice from all over. It could be used in the academy or at home. John Marks Templeton compiled and wrote much of it. Practical yet inspiring!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/326 ... earch=true

Here is how the Introduction begins:
What is to become of me? What does the future hold? How can I set out on my own into a world that seems filled with conflict and strife? How do I cope with day-to-day pressures? How do I find peace in the midst of turmoil? What will allow me to be in the world, but not of the world? How can my life be useful and happy?

These are questions asked by many people today. Fortunately, there are positive responses and definite guidance that can enrich the life of every individual who sincerely seeks to learn. To be a happy and useful person, it is important to understand and practice the Laws of Life. These laws are simply the “set of rules” by which we should live. They come from a vast array of sources—the major sacred Scriptures of the world; various schools of philosophical thought, both ancient and modern; storytellers, such as Aesop; scientists, such as Isaac Newton; and from various artists and historians—to name a few.
Cast no one out of your heart.

William Q. Judge