Sri Lanka Bombings

The best place for the discussion of current events and politics. A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Post Reply
User avatar
tlxxxviii
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:26 am
Location: Riyadh

Sri Lanka Bombings

Post by tlxxxviii » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:11 am

At what point in a human life does dukkha (and nibbida) become self-evident? Is the hearing of the dhamma a precondition or a result?

User avatar
DNS
Site Admin
Posts: 3062
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:36 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, Estados Unidos de América
Contact:

Re: Sri Lanka Bombings

Post by DNS » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:12 pm

tlxxxviii wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:11 am
At what point in a human life does dukkha (and nibbida) become self-evident? Is the hearing of the dhamma a precondition or a result?
Birth, that's why we come out kicking and screaming. :tongue:

User avatar
DNS
Site Admin
Posts: 3062
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:36 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, Estados Unidos de América
Contact:

Re: Sri Lanka Bombings

Post by DNS » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:15 pm


User avatar
Nicholas
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:21 pm
Location: California

Re: Sri Lanka Bombings

Post by Nicholas » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Almost 300 dead now - Islamic terrorist group named:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48012694
Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost. -- Buddha

User avatar
Iconodule
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: Sri Lanka Bombings

Post by Iconodule » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Unfortunately we will probably see more attacks like this around the world as the jihadists return home from their defeat in Syria.
The ladder that leads to the Kingdom is hidden within you, and is found in your soul. Dive into yourself, and in your soul you will discover the rungs by which you are to ascend. - St. Isaac of Syria

User avatar
tlxxxviii
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:26 am
Location: Riyadh

Re: Sri Lanka Bombings

Post by tlxxxviii » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Iconodule wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:04 pm
Unfortunately we will probably see more attacks like this around the world as the jihadists return home from their defeat in Syria.
Disrespectful aside: It's amazing to me that the iconolator has the most Buddhist avatar on the board.Image

User avatar
Iconodule
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: Sri Lanka Bombings

Post by Iconodule » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:42 pm

tlxxxviii wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:35 pm
Iconodule wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:04 pm
Unfortunately we will probably see more attacks like this around the world as the jihadists return home from their defeat in Syria.
Disrespectful aside: It's amazing to me that the iconolator has the most Buddhist avatar on the board.Image
I didn't even notice my avatar wasn't working anymore. I don't even remember what it was. Here's my new one.
The ladder that leads to the Kingdom is hidden within you, and is found in your soul. Dive into yourself, and in your soul you will discover the rungs by which you are to ascend. - St. Isaac of Syria

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests