Hello from monstroon

We would love to meet you... say hello here.
monstroon

Hello from monstroon

Post by monstroon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi :)
I already introduced myself over at Dharmawheel. I am not very good at writing succint intros but will try.

Have a lifelong interest in Buddhism, mostly Zen and Theravada (westernized). Brought up Catholic and Marxist (in Yugoslavia); never liked Catholic church much - preferred the mysticism of Orthodox tradition.
Stopped going to church after Confirmation. Confessed again for the first time in 30 years couple of years ago, in Greek Catholic church.
I have, by chance, received Amitabha empowerment before that and equally by chance missed taking refuge vows. Which, in retrospect, was probably meant to be.
I am undecided on most matters and, as I grow older, happy to give up metaphysical issues. I like comparing traditions and have this annoying urge to discuss Christianity with Buddhists and Buddhism with Christians, even though I am not that well informed on either. I like them both for the psychology and a concern for a man (if less for a woman).
Even though deep down I am agnostic, I am also a believer, at least a believer in good.
I've decided to stick with Christianity because it's the religion I have been initiated into, but at the moment I am happy to be a sinner on the fringes of it.

DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello from monstroon

Post by DNS » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:10 am

Welcome to DP!

:beer:

:yingyang:

Nicholas

Post by Nicholas » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:28 am

Good to see someone who likes the Good and will admit it in public. :bow:

What or who or how or when is a 'monstroon'?
Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost. -- Buddha

monstroon

Post by monstroon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:26 pm

I don't really know. It's a song (if you can call it that) by Belbury Poly, a hauntological project of sorts. They're on Ghost Box label which is dedicated to creating false memories and uneasy resonance. Worth checking out!

Thank you both for your welcome!