General Buddhist forum for all forms of Buddhism

How can we improve this forum? Do you require any assistance?
Dharmasherab

General Buddhist forum for all forms of Buddhism

Post by Dharmasherab » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 am

I am aware there is a general Dharma forum which includes all religions.

But my humble suggestion is that in addition to what we have already to have a forum within Dharma Paths, encircling the the Buddhist schools (Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana & Dzogchen). So that specific discussions can happen within the boundaries of Buddhism only within this forum.

DNS
Site Admin

Re: General Buddhist forum for all forms of Buddhism

Post by DNS » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Sure I could set something like that up later. It would be a 'General Buddhism' sub-forum here where all Buddhist traditions could be discussed and compared and contrasted.

However, I doubt it will do anything to spur traffic here and get much interest. At this point, all the Mahayanists appear to be posting at DWM. All the Theravadins appear to be posting at DWT.

North is North and South is South and never the twain shall meet. :lol:

(I just made this up, not sure if it's been done before as a variant to Kipling's east is east...)

Northern schools vs. Southern schools; but just kidding of course as there is interaction between the two and we have several members who post on all DW forums (or at least the 2 big ones), including me.

Nicholas

Re: General Buddhist forum for all forms of Buddhism

Post by Nicholas » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Dharmasherab wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 am
I am aware there is a general Dharma forum which includes all religions.

But my humble suggestion is that in addition to what we have already to have a forum within Dharma Paths, encircling the the Buddhist schools (Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana & Dzogchen). So that specific discussions can happen within the boundaries of Buddhism only within this forum.
DNS has done what you wished for. But I wonder what did you find lacking in Dharma Wheel & Dhamma Wheel? Or you just wanted to have North and South talk to each other, not past each other or simply ignore?
Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost. -- Buddha