Just Buddha Dharma at the root level

How can we improve this forum? Do you require any assistance?
anjali

Just Buddha Dharma at the root level

Post by anjali » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 pm

At the Comparative Dharma root level, there are four topics related to Buddhism: Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana, Dzogchen and Secular Buddhism, Secular Dharma. Given the pan-dharmic emphasis, and that the other traditions only get one entry at the Comparative Dharma level, I would suggest moving the four Buddhist related topics into one Buddha Dharma root level topic.

Instead of moving Secular Buddhism, Secular Dharma, it could be kept at the root level by simply renaming it Secular Dharma. Most Buddhists, I would imagine, will understand that secular Buddhism fits into that category. However, I have no idea if there are secular trends in the other traditions?

AlexMcLeod

Re: Just Buddha Dharma at the root level

Post by AlexMcLeod » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:31 am

This may be a stupid suggestion, but maybe there are just too many subforums in general. Perhaps make the categories much more broad, and don't add back in a subforum until there is more than enough content to fill the first page. This way, only the ones that are active grow, while inactives don't take up unnecessary cognitive space.
There is no Emotion, there is Peace;
There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge;
There is no Passion, there is Serenity;
There is no Death, there is the Force.