Does all discrimination rejected in Koran?

SarathW

Does all discrimination rejected in Koran?

Post by SarathW » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:41 am

In the following video Dr Sakir Naik say that all discrimination are rejected according to Koran.
This include discrimination on sex, colour , creed, cast, relegion etc.
Can someone give me the Koran reference for that with a link to English translation of Koran?

https://youtu.be/tXNZflmJGU0

caodemarte

Re: Does all discrimination rejected in Ko

Post by caodemarte » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:54 pm

That would be the mainstream, majoritarian, traditional interpretation of the Koran as it is of the New Testament for most modern Christians. The problem becomes what you define as discrimination and what you actually put into practice (for example, slavery was both supported and condemned on Biblical grounds in the US).

You should look at Islamic sites for a well informed discussion of Islam. There are also many translations of the Koran into various languages on line. That said, here are some quotes for you.

In terms of religious toleration:

“There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned.” (Quran: 2/ 256)

“God does not forbid you from being good to those who have not fought you in the religion or driven you from your homes, or from being just towards them. God loves those who are just.” (Surat al-Mumtahana, 8). Those "who have fought you in the religion" specifically refers to Meccans who, in the Koran, tried to kill Muslims. By extension, it means that you can fight back against people trying to actively kill you in the name of their religion. You don't have to be a martyr. So self-defense is allowed, but not aggression.

It may amuse you to note that some Islamic scholars say Buddha might be one of the prophets "assigned" by God to different nations and peoples according to the the Koran.

Your specific questions might best be dealt with at
https://ing.org/top-100-frequently-aske ... heir-faith

TexasBuddhist

Re: Does all discrimination rejected in Koran?

Post by TexasBuddhist » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:07 am

Actually its more discriminating because of hearing disability

TimothyOneld

Does all discrimination rejected in Koran

Post by TimothyOneld » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:20 am

Hello Garudaman

Koran 60:4 is very clear and very specific. Hatred and enmity is solely based on whether or not you believe in Allah.

I do not believe in Allah nor do I believe that Muhamad was a prophet. Do you hold hatred and enmity towards me?

sum

Bundokji

Re: Does all discrimination rejected in Koran?

Post by Bundokji » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:14 pm

The youtube video is no longer available hence i am unable to listen to the context in which the claim that "all discrimination rejected in Koran" is made. Unless in a very specific context, the claim seem to be false.