Falun Gong/Falun Dafa

The Way, Qi, Tao Te Ching
Presto Kensho

Falun Gong/Falun Dafa

Post by Presto Kensho »

Has anyone on this forum attended a Falun Gong meeting? I'm not particularly interested in discussing the beliefs of Falun Gong. Instead, I am more interested in discussing the practices of Falun Gong and what to expect at a Falun Gong practice meeting.

Since Falun Gong activities are often offered outdoors, I don't see how the Coronavirus lockdowns could prevent them from meeting publicly. Another thing worth mentioning is that while yoga, taichi, qigong, and other meditation classes often require fees to attend, Falun Gong activities are offered free of charge.

While I have no interest in officially joining Falun Gong, I have to admit that I feel sorry for their persecution.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Falun Gong/Falun Dafa

Post by DNS »

I haven't been to a meeting yet. I came close to going a couple of times, but something always came up and missed the meeting times. I like outdoor meditations, even before the corona situation. Meditating in nature is very good, imo.

If it's too cold or too hot, well that's just something to deal with and have equanimity to, imo. :tongue:
Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho »

Another thing I just learned today is that there's no such thing as official membership in Falun Gong. Some people are very enthusiastic about Falun Gong, as with any spiritual practice, but there's no official route to membership.
Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho »

I've heard Westerners speak dismissively of Falun Gong for its promise to store up spiritual energy in your abdomen. However, it's simply a traditional teaching of Qigong and other Chinese practices, not made up by Falun Gong:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantian